What to do if you need medical help
If you need medical help for any reason, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. This will help stop the spread of coronavirus and protect others.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, that is either
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature), or
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
then use the NHS 111 online service – only call 111 if you're unable to get help online.
If you need help or advice not related to coronavirus:
- for health information and advice, use the NHS website or your GP surgery website
- for urgent medical help, use the NHS 111 online service – only call 111 if you're unable to get help online
- for life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance
Read more advice about getting medical help at home.